Saturday, August 15, 2009

Set Goals

LOL this is what my Dad is always preaching asking me what exactly are my goals and if I am writing them down. Personally I live in the moment, but have the what if dreams and they drive all of my online presences. To me when it comes to internet marketing and goals SERPs (search engine result pages) come to mind. Where does my website or blog fall in Google's index for certain terms. For example when I first started I wanted to be ranked number one for the keyterm "make money free" I checked the position for my website earn money online free and saw that for make money free at Google I was ranked #5 no not page five for the term make money free I am ranked number 5 on the first page. That took 3 months to get with me working on my marketing campaign at least 40 hours a week. In the past 6 months I have seen the first page for make money online though as soon as I hit the first page it seemed everyone stepped up their marketing campaign and dropped me way back down. So right now I want to dominate my niche for make money online, make money, earn money, and earn money online. These are my long term goals and what every day I strive to get.

It is also very helpful to set daily or weekly marketing goals. Just recently I set the goal of writing 10 articles in a day really just wanting to see the effect on the keyword earn money online free. I was ranked 11, but after a mid sized marketing campaign pushed my site up to #7 I am thinking about doing a little more and get into the top 3. So if you are not happy with the position your website is for a certain keyword take a day or two and build at least 400 backlinks all with the keywords you would like to rank well for. Then you should keep track of the position your site sits in the index for the keyterm.

White boards are a must! I have to say especially when it comes to running multiple marketing campaigns all with diffrent web presences white boards and listing goals on them is a must. I went to wal-mart spent twenty dollars and bought 2 big white boards that I use daily and helps me keep track of everything. It is also great for brain storming just jotting down an idea erasing it and jotting down another idea.

Persistance and realism. You should be setting realistic goals do not go after the key term "money" which is pushing a billion websites that actually have put the word money when link building. Pick something that you actually feel you can get and go after it. If you want to reach the top of Google give yourself 6 months to a year depending on the competitivness of the keywords and don't give up on it. This will be difficult, but will seperate you from all those who wanted to work from home, but when the time came they gave up. If you work every day you will see results.

Anyway I hope you liked this post and I hope it has convinced you to set goals for your online business whether it be through the marketing aspect or business aspect begin looking ahead.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kris, I have a few questions. Are you already making money with your website and what are your website's income sources, if I may ask?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello James, I am not making money with this blog, but my website makemoneyfree.comuv.com yes I am. Right now on a good month I make $300.00 or so. I am also making money with www.webdesignandseoservices.com which is my other website where I do free lancing SEO.

    Kris,

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI,

    Hello guy's have u border of earning money on the fake sites which sound to be true and didn't not pay a single panney.if yes.same case here, i was also eager to earn money and i have surf all the internet but not a single real site pay's money at last my friend suggest a site. in the end i got a real site which pay's and the just minum payout is just 2$ u can make it up in just few day's by clicking the ads daily 4 ads to click and more.i am not telling that you can be a billaner or millaner over night.if u don't believe me Just Try searching for scam sites list or just Google it.you can't even find it because it's real payment site which pays for real and just try to read the forms on site and you can know how people have made 100's of dollars in just months and Still Thinking. then.just check this site out.

    ==============================================================================================
    jamesjon83


    just try this!


    Happy Earning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, myself also believes in living your life one day at a time...however, you have to make goals, big goals that is, where you draw your strengths day by day...anyways thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us..it is indeed very inspiring and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete